MICROGRAVURE™ is the method of choice in Japan for the coating process of multiple layers in LCD displays as well as touch screen components. This technology is predominantly used in essential electronics, such as smartphones, tablets, computer monitors and other LCD displays. 95% of the smartphones sold in the US contain at least one layer coated by MICROGRAVURE™ coating technology. MICROGRAVURE™ application is also rapidly growing in the Li-ion battery, photovoltaic solar cells, and window film industries.
- 0.005 to 0.015 μm AR/ LR coating on optical films
- 2 to 3 μm hard coating on optical films
- 14 μm photoresist coating for hologram application
- 0.5 to 1 μm carbon nanotube coating on aluminum foils
- 2 to 4 μm insulation coating on porous separator films
- 2 to 5 μm reflective coating for solar cells
- 0.3 to 2 μm silicone coating on PET
- 1 to 3 μm photoresist coating on PET
See Applications for more examples.